Monday, June 27, 2011

A recap and a lot of pictures!

The last couple weeks have been a real roller coaster of fun, not so fun and fun. Mostly busy. And sometimes stressful.

The week before last I headed up to New England to attend my best friend's daughter's graduation party. I couldn't miss this party - I've known Alexis her whole life!

circa 1993

Shortly after I arrived in Massachusetts, Barb took me on a tour, just minutes from her home, to see some of the tornado damage from a few weeks earlier in West Springfield.

It was disturbing to say the least. It has been said over and over again, but it really is a miracle that there weren't more casualties.

The next day was Lex's party. Barb's brother came over early to help set up and graciously brought his three sons to play with Jackson. Yeah, they had a good time!

The graduate, being the great sport that she is, was one of the first few to get in the dunk tank. Her Pop, knocked her in with one throw!

Jackson thought he'd like to get in on the fun, but didn't think it was so fun when he realized how cold the water was!

The big kids and the little kids sat in the hammock.

There was karaoke!

It was a great party, celebrating Alexis' achievement and catching up with long-time friends. But the best part of all was that I got to spend time with my BEST friend in the world!!!!

And as sad as I was to leave Barbara and her family - I was equally excited to visit with my nieces, brother & dad....which was the next leg of the trip.

I am always amazed at how easily these cousins fall into a groove with each other. They live over 400 miles from each other, see each other only once or twice a year. Yet the minute they get together it is as easy going and fun as if they saw each other the day before.

Make silly faces, I said!

We headed to the beach where my brother Christopher taught Jackson how to boogie board.

Jackson was pretty serious about his new skill.

The kids played in the sand and had a ball together.

Actually - we ALL had fun!

Unfortunately, I had to cut my trip short - actually I packed up and left the beach mid day - because I learned my father-in-law had been flown from Cape May to Philadelphia in critical condition. I met my husband at the hospital at about 11:00pm that night.

We got back home Wednesday. He is still in critical condition and we (and the doctors) are not sure what the prognosis will be. The doctors tell us he won't be leaving the hospital anytime soon, so it looks like we'll be heading up to Phillie again in a couple days to check in on him.

In the meanwhile - my baby boy turned 10 over the weekend!!!! WOW!!! That statement could be interchanged with "Where the HECK did those 10 years go?!?!"

We had a very fun BBQ with his two best friends and their families and one of the boys slept over. Jackson had a blast, and I was glad for him to have a fun reprieve from the stressful week we had!

In other news, after all my driving, my right hand was killing me so I wasn't able to pick up any beads until just last night!!! That may have been the longest stint I've done without beading in years (10 days!!!). It was quite joyful to feel the beads, needle and thread in my hand again. I finished up my Margie & Me challenge piece (maybe I'll do both palettes this month!), and started working on some purple for this installment of What's It To Hue! More on What's It To Hue tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Graduations are awesome and bittersweet I am so glad you had a good time! Jackson is so handsome and give him lots and lots of birthday hugs! The time does seem to fly by. Also sending hugs to you and your family in the hopes that it will help while your father in law is in the hospital.


Thank you for your comments!! They really mean a lot!