Here is my Sleek in Silver piece:
This pattern was really easy to follow and it worked up really quickly. I have always been a fan of St. Petersburg stitch and this is a modified version of that. I didn't have any briolettes, so I used top drilled swarovski crystals that I had in my stash. All I had were clear ones and they are so hard to photograph!
I do want to comment on the tila beads. While I VERY much liked the way the 'snap together and the tile look they create, I wasn't incredibly impressed with the quality of each bead. They felt brittle, and the finish on them - mine were a/b finish - was quite poor. I would be willing to try another finish - maybe opaque, or matte finish, but I didn't like these translucent ones I worked with.
The "Earthly Hues" pattern worked up quite nicely and quickly too! I just learned and started loving herringbone stitch this year and using these large beads makes a rope really fast! On the flip side, the size 6 beads felt a little clumsy with herringbone and I don't like they way you can see the thread so easily in the hollow of the bead.
I knew when I started, I wouldn't have enough of either 6's or cubes, but when I did as many as I could and finished the necklace with a size 11 herringbone rope. I like the pendant, however, I couldn't figure out how to get the tow top cubes to sit correctly for the bail - eventually I improvised but I didn't find the directions especially clear at that part.
All in all though I really enjoyed doing both of these pieces and I'm sure I will be revisiting these patterns for future use! Thank you to Karen who is the ringleader of the Beading Babes group!