I first began work on the Ravishing Rosettes. And I ended it not too long after I started it. It was many, many weeks ago that I started working on this, so I honestly can't remember in detail what made me feel a little batty while trying it....all I remember is that I struggled....a LOT. I made a couple rosettes and tore them up and started them over. It felt that the directions weren't easy to follow, but also that they didn't match the pictures. I kept having a gap on the first rosette, that wasn't matching up with the photo. After redoing my first rosette several times, I was able to get two rosettes done.
I am a big fan of right-angle-weave (RAW). All in all, I enjoyed this project. The only problem I had, was in the supply arena. When I first started thinking about supplies for this project, I looked at the list and compared it to the picture, and was unbelievably confused, because one of the pictures showed the base of the bracelet done in Czech FP glass beads. After a while I realized it was a substitute for the triangle beads. I worked up a small sample in the triangles and didn't like it so I planned to do the Czech beads instead. ( I think that the supply list should have made a notation about the use of Czech beads and maybe even mentioned how many were needed to complete the project) Chatter within the Beading Babes group, told em the Czech beads were most likely 2mm. I picked some up at a bead show, but after working up the base, it turned out I didn't have enough. I searched high & low for additional beads in that size and color I already had, and didn't have any luck. I ordered some more on line in a different color. They came in weeks ago.....but my schedule never allowed me to work up a new base for this bracelet.I don't know why I got so caught up in making sure I had enough of that one set of beads, because I've improvised in the past, and finally realized this weekend, that it was time to improvise again!
Because I didn't have enough of the 2mm Czech FP beads for the base, I just did the pattern as long as the supplies I had would allow. I strung some beading wire through the zipped up base and used the remaining beads to string the remaining length of the bracelet!
I really enjoyed another round of the Beading Babes projects. I love hearing about the other beaders' experience attempting these patterns!