1. An object used as a fetish, a charm, or an amulet in West Africa.
2. The supernatural power ascribed to such an object.
3. A style of Nigerian popular music featuring electric guitars and traditional drums.
1. juju - the power associated with a juju
magic, thaumaturgy - any art that invokes supernatural powers
2. juju - - a charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers
fetich, voodoo, fetish, hoodoo, good luck charm, charm - something believed to bring good luck
Do you believe in juju? I do. I never thought of it as juju, until I was thinking of a good "J" post...."jumprings" was feeling pretty uninspired to me. I had jumprings on my A-Z list, until just yesterday. Then, after doing a 'chakra opening' yoga session and found myself compelled to wear green that day - because I wanted to 'keep opening' the heart chakra....which is green. And I thought, hey I need something beaded on my wrist to remind me about the heart chakra.
And then there was this other little bit of beaded juju.....I really loved doing this "wavy triangle" pattern. I enjoyed the color combination and how unique looking it turned out. It's on the rather large side and I wasn't feeling it when it came time to think about incorporating it into a piece of jewelry. My son on the other hand, thought this was pretty awesome juju!
It fits perfectly in the palm of his hand, and for some weeks it was either in his hand or in his pocket. Now, it's mostly on his nightstand, but occasionally, when he feels the need for some juju, it goes in his pocket!