I just loved Michelle Mach's idea for this challenge. I adore small containers and seem to collect them without even realizing it!!
This challenge was to take a tin for this kit (or both....or even another.....) and decorate it.
Here is how the tins looked to begin with:
For my first tin, I used a green enamel paint, and some of the pretty paper included in my tin kit. I lined the inside with some pink satin:
I couldn't stop at just one....so I did both....this one was painted with some of my hubs' flat camo paint (which was originally used to paint his truck), I embellished with a discarded bead woven piece, and the accent color on the tin is actually nail polish! (cream felt on the inside)
....and then I realized I had another tin just sitting around on my desk (I had broken up a set of these charms for my nieces and kept the tin....)...
...so I decorated that one too! Just a circle of pretty paper and some orange felt on the inside!
This was a fun challenge and I really enjoyed it. I love any challenge like this where I am encouraged to think outside the bead box!
I've already had a chance to see some of the other participants' creations and I'm already blown away by the creativity displayed from this challenge. You should check it out! Here is a list of the other participants!
- Michelle - Beads & Books - Hostess
- Amy - Amybeads
- Brenda - B'Sue Boutiques
- Dawn - Morning Glory Beading
- Jeannie - Jeannie's Blog
- Kay - Palm Coast Art
- Kim - CianciBlue
- Mary - MLH Jewelry Designs
- Mary Shannon - Falling into the Sky
- Michelle - Firefly Visions
- Molly - Beautifully Broken Me
- Pamela - The Crazy Creative Corner
- Patricia G. - My Life Under the Bus
- Patricia L.
- Robyn - A Ponderance of Things
- Shelley - Fabric of My Life
- Terry - Pink Chapeau Vintage Jewelry
- Therese - Domestic Goddess Enterprises
- Therese - Therese's Treasures